Last Updated: 5th June, 2021
Escape The Room Ltd, is a Cyprus company with registered number HE 338665 and business address at Theokritou 3AB,1060, Nicosia, Cyprus and EU VAT number CY10338665D (hereinafter “EscapeTheRoom”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). EscapeTheRoom owns and operates www.escapetheroom.com.cy, including any subdomains thereof, and any other websites through which EscapeTheRoom makes its services available (collectively, “Website”) and all associated services (collectively, “EscapeTheRoom Services”). The Website and EscapeTheRoom Services together are hereinafter collectively referred to as the “EscapeTheRoom Site”.
As you navigate through and interact with our EscapeTheRoom Site, we use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device information (including device and application IDs), search terms, and cookie information, to collect information about its use by users, to distinguish between users, to help us provide you with the best possible experience and to allow us to improve the EscapeTheRoom Site and the service we offer. This means that when you visit our EscapeTheRoom Site, cookies or similar technologies will be placed on your computer, mobile device, tablet or other device. We also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (“interest-based advertising”). The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies, web beacons and analytics.
This cookies policy explains:
- • the choices you can make about whether we can put some types of cookies on your computer, mobile device, tablet or other device.
For the purposes of this cookies policy when we refer to “personal data” or “personal information” we mean data which identifies or may identify you as an individual, which may include for example your name or online identifiers such as your IP address.
1. COOKIES – WHAT ARE THEY?
A “cookie” is a small text file that is stored on your computer, mobile device, tablet or other device when you visit a website or use an application. Cookies are then sent back to the EscapeTheRoom Site on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie, and allow the website to recognize the user’s device.
Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. When you restart your browser and return to the EscapeTheRoom Site, the EscapeTheRoom Site will not recognize you and you will have to log back in (if login is required) or select your unique preferences/settings again. Other cookies remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. Expiration dates are set within the cookies themselves, and some may expire after a few minutes while others may expire after many years. These are known as persistent cookies and enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor.
Our EscapeTheRoom Site uses both session and persistent cookies.
For further information, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies allow us to recognize users (where appropriate), tailor the content of our EscapeTheRoom Site to fit the needs of our EscapeTheRoom Site’s visitors and helps us improve the user experience. Without certain types of cookies enabled, we cannot guarantee that the EscapeTheRoom Site and your experience of it are as we intended it to be.
This includes where available, your IP address and pseudonymous identifiers, operating system and browser type and depending on the cookie, also includes the reporting of statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns.
If you visit our EscapeTheRoom Site, we will deploy cookies to provide an online service more suited to the device you connect, as well as to prevent and detect fraud and keep your connection secure. When you visit our EscapeTheRoom Site from any device (mobile, tablet, PC), we collect information about your use of the EscapeTheRoom Site, such as information about the device or browser you use to access the site (including device type, operating system, screen resolution, etc.), the way you interact with this site, and the IP address your device connects from. You may not be able to initiate or complete some activities with our online services unless the cookies or similar technologies are installed.
- • provide products and services that you request and to provide a secure online environment;
- • manage our marketing relationships and for customer support;
- • serve you tailored advertising (such as on the EscapeTheRoom Site, emails and on third party websites);
- • to show you content (e.g. advertisements) that is more relevant to you;
- • to enforce legal agreements that govern the use of the EscapeTheRoom Site;
- • for fraud detection and prevention, trust and safety, and investigations;
- • give you a better online experience and track website performance, operation and effectiveness;
- • improve the EscapeTheRoom Site, research, analytics, product development, and regulatory compliance; and
- • help us make our EscapeTheRoom Site more relevant to you.
4. COOKIE CATEGORIES
This section explains each cookie category in more detail and how you can control their use.
The length of time a cookie stays on your device depends on its type. We use two types of cookies on our EscapeTheRoom Site, session cookies and persistent cookies:
- a. Session cookies
These are temporary cookies which only exist, during the time you use the EscapeTheRoom Site (or more strictly, until you close the relevant browser). Session cookies help our EscapeTheRoom Site remember what you chose on the previous page, avoiding the need to re-enter information and improve your experience whilst using the EscapeTheRoom Site.
- b. Persistent cookies
These are cookies which stay on your device after you have closed your browser and remain in your browser’s subfolders until they expire or you delete them. Persistent cookies help us identify you as a unique visitor.
We also categorize our cookies to help our customers understand the specific reason for each cookie.
- a. Necessary/Essential cookies
These are cookies that are essential for us to provide a service you have requested and to provide a secure online environment. Without these cookies we may unable to provide some services that you might request. Other “essential” cookies keep our EscapeTheRoom Site secure. Necessary/Essential cookies are used to:
- • enable a user to log into our EscapeTheRoom Site and recognize such user when navigating the EscapeTheRoom Site (“authentication cookies”);
- • maintain online security and protect against malicious activity and/or violation of our Terms and Conditions (“security cookies”);
- • distinguish between humans and bots; and
- b. Statistics/Analytics
These cookies collect aggregated information and they are not used to identify you. We use this type of cookie to understand and analyze how visitors use and explore our EscapeTheRoom Site and look for ways to improve it. We use these cookies to track our sites and plugins performance across the globe. Similarly, we may also use these analytics cookies to test new advertisements, pages, or features to gauge users’ reactions. The statistics/analytics cookies we use may be our own (i.e. first-party cookies) or third-party cookies and include among others, xxxxx and xxxxxx.
- c. Functionality/Preferences cookies (giving you a better online experience)
These cookies remember your preferences and tailor the EscapeTheRoom Site to provide enhanced features. Without these cookies, we cannot remember your choices or personalize your online experience. We use this type of cookies to:
- • make login faster by recognizing you if you are logged into the EscapeTheRoom Site; and
- • remember relevant information as you browse from page to page to save you re-entering the same information repeatedly (e.g. language, volume, HD mode).
- d. Marketing/Targeting cookies
These cookies are usually third-party cookies from marketing partners used to deliver advertisements relevant to you and your interests both on the EscapeTheRoom Site and on other websites. These cookies can track your browsing history across the EscapeTheRoom Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. If you wish to prevent this type of cookie, you may do so, via your device’s browser security settings. The third-party companies we partner with include among others, Google and Facebook.
5. FIRST AND THIRD-PARTY COOKIES
Whether a cookie is first or third party depends on where it comes from.
First party cookies are set by the website you visit/use.
On the other hand, some content or applications, including advertisements, on the EscapeTheRoom Site are served by third parties, including analytics or advertising companies, ad network and servers, content providers and application providers.
We recommend that you check the privacy and cookie policies of those websites for information about the cookies they may use and the collection of personal data. We cannot accept any responsibility for any content contained in these third-party websites.
6. KEEP IN MIND
- a. Cookies with more than one use
Some of our cookies collect data for more than one use. We will only use these cookies for their essential purposes unless you have given your consent to any other uses they have.
- b. Cookies that are already on your device
Turning off one or more types of cookies will not delete any that have been downloaded in the past. We may still use data we collected up to that point, but will stop collecting new data.
- c. Managing cookies choices in your browser
You can turn off or delete cookies in your browser. If you do this, it may affect sites that use similar cookies to us.
7. SERVER LOGS AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
We collect many different types of information from server logs and other technologies. For example, we collect information about the device you use to access our website, your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. Our server logs also record the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices require to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to our website and the website you visit after you leave our site. These tools help us improve user experience and deliver our services.
8. DEVICE INFORMATION
We may use device-related information to authenticate users. For example, we may use your IP address, browser information, or other data provided by your browser or device to identify the device being used to access EscapeTheRoom Site. We may also use these device-related techniques for associating you with different devices that you may use to access our content including for fraud-protection purposes and to better target advertising.
9. THIRD PARTY TAGS
Tags are small pieces of code that can be used, among other things, to measure traffic and visitor behaviour, track the impact of online advertising and social channels, set up remarketing and audience targeting, and test and optimize websites. We use the Google Tag Manager, a solution operated by Google, that allows EscapeTheRoom to manage so-called website tags (including, for example, Google Analytics and other Google marketing services in our online offering) using an interface. The tag manager itself (which implements the tags) does not process users’ personal data. If you’ve opted out, Google Tag Manager will consider that opt out. With regard to the processing of users’ personal data, reference is made to the following information about Google’s services: https://www.google.com/analytics/tag-manager/use-policy/.
10. HOW TO CONTROL AND DELETE COOKIES
Cookies help you get the most out of our EscapeTheRoom Site. However, you can set up your browser to delete or refuse some or all of them, or to be notified when you are sent a cookie and therefore, choose whether or not to accept it. All browsers are different so visit the “help” section of your browser when to learn about cookie preferences and other privacy settings that may be available. You may also delete or refuse, some or all of the cookies, on our EscapeTheRoom Site at any time.
Cookies can also be controlled using the following instructions:
- • Mobile Devices: When using a mobile device, you can opt-out of receiving online behavioural advertising by selecting ‘Limit Ad Tracking’ in the Settings of your Apple iPhone or iPad, or the ‘Opt out of interest-based ads’ in the Settings on your Android device. You may also be able to reset your unique identifier used for online behavioural advertising (referred to as an ‘Advertising ID’) in the Settings on your Apple or Android device. Please refer to your device manufacturer’s instructions for more information.
- • Online Behavioural Advertising (OBA) Cookies: If you are primarily concerned about third party cookies generated by advertisers, you can turn these off by going to Your Online Choices, the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out page, and the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page .
- • Web-Beacons: You can usually prevent the operation of web-beacons by changing your web-browser cookie settings and your ad choices, or for those in emails, by switching off images in your email client or viewing emails using only the ‘text’ display (rather than ‘HTML’ display’). See the ‘Help’ section of your email client for instructions. Please see the All About Cookies website for further information about managing your options.
- • You can also visit the trade body representing these advertising platforms where you can control your third-party online advertising preferences by going to the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page.
- • Browsers: The links below take you to the help sections for each of the major browsers that will tell you how you can manage your cookies:
- o Firefox
- o Internet explorer
- o Edge
- o Chrome
- o Opera
- o Safari OS X
- o Safari iOS
- o Android
- o Blackberry
- o Windows phone
To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser by clicking here. For more information about targeting and advertising cookies and how you can opt out, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out page, the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page, or http://youronlinechoices.eu. To opt out of Google Analytics for display advertising or customize Google display network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page. You may opt-out of the collection and use of information for ad targeting by updating your Facebook account ad settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. Alternatively, you can search the internet for other independent information on cookies.
11. DOES THE ESCAPETHEROOM SITE USE ANY OTHER PERSONAL DATA ABOUT ME?